Established in 2000, Joslin’s Asian Clinic provides one-on-one appointments with a physician and a dietitian/diabetes educator who are culturally sensitive to the Asian American population.
If you are interested in becoming a patient, please contact us with the following steps.
Registering for the Asian Clinic
- Call your insurance company to see if you are covered for Joslin Diabetes Center (Joslin is a specialty center). Find out if referral is needed.
- Call Asian Clinic direct line at 617-732-2606 to register. Please have the following information ready:
- Name, address, phone number, date of birth
- Emergency contact name and phone number
- Name and address of Primary Care Physician (PCP)
- Insurance information (name of the insurance plan, subscriber’s name and his/her date of birth, subscriber ID)
- The Asian Clinic Care Ambassador will also ask your preferred language and ethnicity
For patients who need a referral, Please call your PCP to:
- Fax referral (if necessary) to Dale Snow at 617-309-5705.
- Fax your latest lab records and relevant medical records to the Asian Clinic Care Ambassador at 617-732-2607
On Your Appointment Day
- Check in at the desk on the 2nd floor.
- Be sure to bring:
- All your insurance card(s)
- All your medications
- Your blood glucose meter and blood glucose records (if available)
- Most recent lab work/medical records (if not already faxed over)
- Asian Clinic personalized folder (will be mailed/emailed to you prior to appointment)
- Completed new patient intake form and questionnaires (will be mailed/emailed to you prior to appointment)
- *Your folder and intake form are important for providers to better understand you. Please make sure to bring it with you!
If you need assistance, please call Claudia Vierra, the Asian Clinic Care Ambassador at 617-732-2606.