Asian Clinic at Joslin since 2004
Joslin's Asian Clinic is directed by Dr. George L. King, Senior Vice President, Chief Scientific Officer, Head of the Section on Vascular Cell Biology and Founder/Director of the AADI at Joslin Diabetes Center.
The clinic is staffed by Dr. Runhua Hou, Yu Wang, Nurse Practitioner, Ka Hei Karen Lau, Registered Dietitian and Certified Diabetes Educator, and Julia Li, Asian Clinic Coordinator. The Asian Clinic provides Joslin clinic's exceptional patient care and education model specifically tailored to Asian Americans. As one of the first Asian Clinics in a tertiary setting, we provide comprehensive diabetes care that is truly unique and much needed by our patients and their caregivers. Through linguistically appropriate and culturally relevant approaches, Joslin's Asian Clinic serves to enhance the quality of life and health outcomes for Asian Americans whose life is touched by diabetes.
Joslin's Asian Clinic provides one-on-one appointments with a medical provider and a certified diabetes educator who have experience and are sensitive to the diverse Asian American cultures.
Our diabetes care includes personalized service to our patients at each step of the way. The Asian Clinic Coordinator serves as a liaison between our patients and the clinic not only to schedule appointments, but also supports the patient with registration, referral, and prescription concerns.
- Culturally Tailored Medical Treatment Plan
- Personalized Medication Regimen
- Traditional Asian Diet Meal Plan
- Multilingual Educational Tools
- Asian Social Club: seasonal workshops on various topics
- Walking Club at Boston Common
- Designated Asian Clinic Coordinator
- Asian Clinic Direct Line Weekly Clinic Meeting
- Personalized Patient Folder with Goals and Diabetes Resources
- Interpreter Service for Asian Languages
Free Educational Tools on aadi.joslin.org:
- Drag n' Cook(R) Nutritional Application
- Asian BMI Calculator
- Diabetes Risk Quiz
- Multilingual Diabetes Educational Handouts: diabetes, nutrition, exercise and stress management (availabe in PDF)
- AADI Asian Recipes (for Chinese, Indian, Korean, Japanese and Vietnamese cuisines)
- YouTube Video Channel: cooking demo, exercise and seminars held in the communities
Address: Joslin Diabetes Center
One Joslin Place (2nd Floor)
Boston, MA 02215
For an appointment or more information, please contact the Asian Clinic Coordinator
direct line: 617-309-3444 (weekdays 8:30am-5:00pm)
direction and parking options